REAL massage is massage that is given by Responsible, Ethical, Accountable, and Licensed Massage Therapists
An informational campaign to help educate the public about REAL massage.
Responsible, Ethical, Accountable, Licensed
- Responsible – REAL massage therapists recognize the honor of responsibility that comes with providing people with massage.
- Ethical – REAL massage therapists are bound by best practices conveying ethical business sense.
- Accountable – REAL massage therapists thrive in accountability to, and encouragement of, one another as we help each other grow our businesses to reach their potentials.
- Licensed – REAL massage therapists in WA states are licensed through the Department of Health, being recognized as healthcare practitioners.
- REAL Massage, an Easy Choice – Massage has been in the news lately. Stories highlighting foot spas that perform unlicensed full body massage, or publications featuring spas that are covers for prostitution have raised the question “what is real, legitimate massage?” We have observed that in many of these stories, vital information is missing about what licensed massage therapy is and how to find a qualified therapist. The US Massage Network sees this as an excellent opportunity to use this public awareness and media interest to educate the public how to find a licensed massage practitioner with all of the qualifications the state has deemed necessary for a safe massage experience.