What if we could work together on issues facing WA Massage Therapists? What if there was one gathering place for All WA State Massage Therapists to come together, to be the grassroots effort that creates change in the massage profession in WA State? What if All WA State Massage therapists were aware of and actively working on the many issues WA State Massage Therapists are faced with on a daily basis? What if All WA State Massage Therapists were informed of the rule changes, laws and other issues in the profession?
This website is my effort to do just that.
There is power in numbers.
WA State has approximately 13,866 + licensed massage therapists across the state.
I am starting this website to help create a resource for WA State Massage Therapists to gather, share and work together on issues that are very specific to WA Massage Therapists. (Insurance billing issues, laws/rules, illegal massage businesses, and more.)
I am creating this website to be a resource of Massage therapy CE classes in WA State. The high cost of finding CE classes is because of not having ONE central place to advertise and the added costs of having to advertise in many places to fill CE Classes. Social Media has made it more difficult to deliver important information with it’s hit or miss nature.
In addition, job listings and office space for rent will be added.
I am creating this website to create a strong network of massage therapists in WA State who are able to respond to Call to Actions and to become activists in their communities to spread the word… Massage therapy Changes Lives. REAL massage therapists don’t give ‘happy endings’.
REAL massage therapists are :
Responsible – REAL massage therapists recognize the honor of responsibility that comes with providing people with massage.
Ethical – REAL massage therapists are bound by best practices conveying ethical business sense.
Accountable – REAL massage therapists thrive in accountability to, and encouragement of, one another as we help each other grow our businesses to reach their potentials.
Licensed – REAL massage therapists in WA states are licensed through the Department of Health, being recognized as healthcare practitioners.
REAL Massage, an Easy Choice – Massage has been in the news lately. Stories highlighting foot spas that perform unlicensed full body massage, or publications featuring spas that are covers for prostitution have raised the question “what is real, legitimate massage?” We have observed that in many of these stories, vital information is missing about what licensed massage therapy is and how to find a qualified therapist. ~AMTA-WA.
WA State Massage Networks
There are already many individual networks across WA State. Find Your Network. Get involved!
- Beta testing: Start with free listings for CE Classes. Website will be supported through Google Adsense and affiliate programs. Make it so the process of adding CE Classes is totally automatic except for final approval to be posted on the website.
- Collect massage therapists email addresses and build WA Massage Network Facebook Page and Facebook Group.
- Support and build the local massage networks in order to create a network for information sharing and Call to Actions. Help the current networks with sharing their events. Help to create and build new networks in WA State especially Eastern, Southern, Northeastern WA and Seattle.
- Create and send out a monthly email newsletter with CE Class listings as well as news from the BOM, insurance billing issues, legislative issues etc. Use the networks to also send out this information to their members.
- Have CE teachers and others write articles on their techniques, experiences with techniques and outcomes, issues in WA State, insurance billing, etc.
- Send out a snail mail postcard to ALL WA State LMT’s to notify them about this website.
- Determine the best way to move forward with this website and mailings. Look into methods of monetizing this website through charging CE teachers and/or charging LMTs for snail mailing or emailing a CE Calendar and monthly updates.
- Add the ability to list jobs and office space for rent as income allows for server space and monitoring of listings.
- Look into the review process of CE classes and look into having reviews on the site for CE classes. Develop a CE class review policy so classes can be reviewed respectfully and implement reviews. Do people want to see reviews on classes before signing up? Do Teachers want reviews online?
- Look into creating a directory of WA State Massage therapists and create a resource for clients/patients in WA State especially regarding the areas of using their health insurance and REAL Massage.
- Create marketing materials to send to physicians regarding massage outcomes, research and how insurance works.
- Look into creating a quarterly magazine for WA State Massage therapists with digital copies and hard copies for distribution.